View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Doesn't anyone want to use the Chatline? 

Post Mac Users
Hi - are there any Mac users out there who have been able to get into the Chat Line? If so, did you have to do anything special? Thank you!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:53 am

Lynn and to everyone else that is tring to figure this problem out I so do appreciate it! Ty.

Tammy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:10 am

Did you contact Mark Wall of the LBDA yesterday? He offered to help you.
Robin

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 am

Ty very much Robin for forwarding my problem. I spoke to him on the phone and by e-mail. They are working on the problem. It seems that it could be a problem with Mac. Even the Tech guy I spoke to from mac had the problem when he tried to get on the chat himself. I hope they get it figured out, I would like to be able to get on the chat site.
Tammy

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 am

Yeah, that would be good. Then we can "talk"!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:03 pm

I received this email from Mark Wall of the LBDA office this morning about using a Mac to access the chat room:

"Firefox released 3.6 which has caused the issue. Elizabeth, our website
contractor is using 3.0 and she's not seeing this problem. Version 3.5 is
also not an issue (there are also sub-versions as well).

The latest version of Safari (most Mac Users) is seeing this issue."

So... Tammy and other Mac users should consider using Firefox 3.0 or 3.5 as their web browser rather than Safari or Firefox 3.6.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 pm

I really wish I could figure out when people are going to be on chat. I am not one to be on there around midnight like some of you (it's probably the only chance you have to sit down!) Now I have no excuse not to keep cleaning the junk out of my basement and closets.....

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:13 am

I am still trying too. I even downloaded Firefox 3.5 and still could not. I probaly am doing something wrong with the download I am sure if other s can get on. I will keep tring. :)
Tammy

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:30 am

YEAH!! I made it on to chat!! ISn't it nice how the little things make us so happy!
Tammy

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Yes ! It was great to chat with you earlier and i hope this resolved problems for other Mac users. Now maybe there'll be more people on chat!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Post Re: Doesn't anyone want to use the Chatline?
AnnieN wrote:
Hi folks. I've been on the chatline a lot lately and no-one has een available while I've been on. Are you having trouble with it? Or are people busy with the holiday? I expect it is the former as Lewy Body Disease does not respect the holidays.

I would love to use the chatline but everytime I visit there is no one on it. Do you have any suggestions? Am I picking the wrong times maybe as I can only visit at night time. Thanks!
Kim

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 am

Post Here's a time to try
Hi Kim. The time that I most often get on the chatline is between 6:30 pm and 9:00 pm PDT, which is three hours earlier than East Coast time. There are frequently others on the chatline at that time but sometimes it is empty. What I will do is sign on, say hi I'm here, and if nobody is there I will stay logged on with my computer speaker on and surf the web or check the discussion forum. When someone else signs on the computer lets me know with a musical note. Then, I'm in a conversation with someone who may be brand new to the website or someone I've chatted with a lot. I like the randomness of it.

Another habit I have is that if I've had a frustrating day with my LO's LBD I will vent on the chatline whether anyone is there or not. It helps me to let it out and the words just scroll off the screen. Soothing. I realize someone could be reading though so I don't put personal info on or anything that I wouldn't want someone to see.

The chatline is different than the discussion forum. It is not permanent and more immediate. Good luck.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:34 am

Kim - ditto AnnieN's message. I am often on around 8 - 10 EDT, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes later. I, too, leave it open so if no one is there when I log on I hear a ding when someone else gets on. I usually put a message on saying something like "I'm here if anyone wants to chat" and I usually get on as soon as I hear the sound. I've been traveling a lot lately so my schedule's a little off but usually you can find me and several others on at that time. Don't be afraid to keep trying and leave it open for a while. Someone is bound to show up! Looking forward to chatting with you, although tonight I will NOT be on. Lynn

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3