View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Doesn't anyone want to use the Chatline? 

Post Thanks Robin
Hi - that's where I've been trying to register for the Chat Room. Guess I will have to go to Contact Us next. It's a little confusing that the Forum and Chat Room aren't linked or something. Seems like one username and pw would be the obvious, intuitive way to have these set up.....
Will try tomorrow. Too tired tonight!
You sound very knowledgeable about LBD. Are you a caregiver or health care pro.? I just joined today and see your name all over the place! LTCVT

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 pm

The Forum and Chat have nothing to do with each other.

*Registration* for Chat is not required. Only enter in a username, not password.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Post Yes, would like to chat
AnnieN - would love to chat, but since joining the forum a few days ago I can't seem to find anyone on there either when I am. What would be a good time for you (and anyone else who wants to talk?) I am pretty flexible both days and times of day. Lynn

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 pm

These suggested chat times have been made:
10:00 AM EST
1:00 PM EST
5:00 PM EST
8:00 PM EST (Moderator usually in attendance M, T, Th, & F)
11:00 PM EST

Often when I've checked in around 8pm EST, I see others there.

Robin

PS. Would you consider deleting your duplicate post in Introductions about this?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Post posted chat times
I know that these are the posted times, but I didn't know they came from the potential users. It sounded like there are some people on the forum who either can't chat then, or they didn't know the chat existed. I thought if I put it as a topic and invited people myself, maybe there would be some action! Is is ok if I leave it there for a day or two? One person told me she's on the west coast so her good times are a little later in the evening than we east coast folks might be on.....

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 pm

You might consider private messaging or emailing people who have posted on this string directly. When I was there the other night, I noticed bestdadever was there.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 am

Post emailing people about chat
Robin - I haven't been able to figure out how to email anyone about chatting. When I've tried I couldn't find an email address. Any ideas on that? Thx

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Lynn, see at the bottom of my post (hopefully) you will see three little rectangles. One is 'ym' for yahoo messenger, then 'pm' for private message and one says email. You could reply to me either by this forum or click on one of those at the bottom.
Lorraine

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Ah! I thought I had tried that but maybe I didn't last night! Thanks. Are you interested in chatting online? I just keep it open all day till I go to bed so I can hear if anyone gets on. Let me know. Thanks, Lynn

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Note that you do not have an email address listed in your profile. This is why the email box does not appear beneath each of your posts. Only the PM box.
Robin

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks Robin. I thought we were advised against showing our email addresses. OK - I'm still a newbie at this so I am learning! Thanks for your patience and help.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey Annie - haven't heard from you in a few days. How are you doing? Lynn

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 am

I know Jim advises people not to give out their email addresses in posts (or as part of your user name). I'm not sure what his advice is regarding listing it as part of your profile. It's much handier to send someone an email that a private message.

Could I suggest that any communication between yourself and one other person (such as Annie) be carried out via email or private messages? By default, everyone does have a private message box.

Robin

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:04 pm

OK, I have tried to call them and e-mail them about the chat site. Everytime I treid to send the e-mail I have to put in those silly letters and It always comes back as error. I give up. I would love to be able to chat on there just impossible to get to.
:) Tammy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi Tammy - are you just putting in a screen name, then hitting enter or the submit button? They do not make it clear that if you want to get in, you TOTALLY IGNORE the password part. For months I thought the password "if you are registered" meant if you were registered in the forum, so I kept trying to put in a password. Finally I just put in a screen name and hit enter, and voila, I was on the chat. They should just leave off the box for password - I think there are a lot of people won't don't get in because of that. It is totally confusing to new users, and those of us who have been typing in passords for 15 or 20 years!
I'm on now if you can get into the chat. Good luck! Lynn

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next