View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Moms passing 

Post Moms passing
Just wanted to let everyone know that my mother passed away Friday Feb. 2nd at 11:30pm. Everything was fine (as fine as it could be anyways) she seemed to be breathing ok when I tucked her in and aide arrived. Aide woke me at 10:30 because she said Mom was not breathing good and she felt sick. Mom spoke a little, said "whats happening to me?", breathing got more labored and I gave morphine, aide called hospice, I called my sister, and held mom in my arms, she changed very quickly to short breaths, closed her eyes and was gone in a few seconds. I was able to tell her it was ok,and that we loved her, and my husband and I told her to go be with Dad and she slowly stopped breathing. I think Dad was who she saw sitting in her recliner all day. I am at peace knowing they are together and that I did all I could, but I miss her so much and my heart is shattered. Her funeral was this morning and my sister and I are a mess. Wanted to thank everyone for their support and love. Sorry if this was a little morbid, needed to write it down and get it out of my head. Love to all Shelley

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi Its Shelley again -- Sorry to everyone, I just realized I already told you about mom, guess I am more distraught than I thought. Sorry for the repeat. Hope all of your loved ones are doing ok tonite. Shelley

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:12 pm

I'm sorry to read about your mom's passing. How lovely that you were able to share a few final words with her, and hold her in your arms. I hope you and your family can find strength to get by over the next few days and weeks.
Robin

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:46 pm

You are not morbid at all. I can only hope my Mom can have an experience as peaceful as your Mom. I am sure she was feeling love leaving this world, and what a comfort that must have been for her. You can be proud of what a wonderful daughter you were to her.
Sallyann

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:45 am

Post Shelley's Mom
Dear Shelley,
I have been trying to post since I read of your Mom's passing and I'm still not sure it went through.
Please know that I am so very sorry for all the suffering you all endured. It is just a horrible disease. Mom can finally rest and be out of pain and I'm sure you will find comfort in that. And knowing she will be with your Dad. Please take care of yourself and get back on your feet and do something nice for yourself. You deserve it.
Prayers go out to you and your family,
Sincerely,
Diane

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:53 am

I know we haven't meant yet, but I needed to send my thoughts and prayers to your family at this time. I have been reading many forums and just recently joined. I am the daughter of a 72 yr old LO with LBD who lives with us. Thank you for sharing your story and struggles, it really helps. I am so sorry for your loss but what a wonderful job you did caring for her to the end. Sincerely,

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:10 am
Post my greatest sympathies
Dearest Shelley,
We too have not met, and I imagine you were in the saddest moments when I "introduced" myself (Husband, 52, married 28 yrs, dx/ LBD and Parkinsonism).
Please accept my greatest condolences, and sorrow for what you have been through: w/ your Mother.
But it sounds (I used to be Hospice volunteer w/ cancer patients and lost 52 year old Father in hospital, 63 year old FIL w/ Hospice), it really sounds like all one could hope for in comfort and love w/ your Mother.
Please *don't* apologize for anything. Just by being isolated before finding this incredible Family, I think I lost my "social graces" just as a caregiver. In the beg.? Middle? Stages.

So you have no guilt to feel: you are an incredible Daughter. And I can only hope time will heal, Faith if that is part of your life, and each year looking back, knowing what a special person you have been w/ her, and always, I imagine.
Seconding the thought that now perhaps more than ever, you could do somethings, anythings special or good for you, yourself. Wouldn't your Mother want that? I'm sure.

Please take care. I'm so sorry.
Love Always, WifeLiz

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:55 am

Thank you to everyone for your kindness and love, support and sympathy. I do not regret one moment spent helping Mom and Dad. I feel the love and hugs from all of you.

Shelley

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]