View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 End Stage Fears 

I think the answer to your question comes from the person with LBD, I often looked at it how would my LO want to be, sleeping or out of control and I think the anwer for me was always calm and sleeping, knowing in my own situation my husband would never want to be out of control.
Your a good daughter and doing the best you can! Bless you!

Wed May 19, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW

What a wonderful daughter you are to take such loving care of your mother. The dark urine usually is a sign that there is a kidney problem or they may be shutting down. My LOs was like that the last 2 weeks but then all are different.
I agree with the others...let her be as peaceful as possible...thats usually the idea of hospice...to make the end peaceful. It takes so much of their energy just to try to talk. Hospice told me: when he says "no" don't ask him again as it is using a lot of strength just to say no once. And yes...once they start going down quickly it is amazing how fast the end can come. The Lord brought you to it and He will get you through it. I pray he takes her peacefully. When my LO passed...within half an hour his face no longer had any wrinkles, he looked almost etheral...and you could tell he was happy the journey had ended.
Prayers and warm thoughts to you, your family and your mother.

Mon May 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Thank you for all you prayers. Mom is just sleeping 22 out of 24 hours. She does still drink water and sometimes when she does wake up I will ask her if she wants an ensure. Now she just might have 1 a day. She has lost so much weight. Her blood has left her fingers. they can't get oxegen reading from them any more. I feel like I am just waiting for her to die. That is a horrible feeling. Sometimes she breaths so light it scares me. I look at her chest to see if she is breathing. Her healthcare worker form Hospice is great with her. She comes mon'fri to give her a sponge bath and change her sheets for me. She wakes her up and most the time get her to drink something. Today she wanted coffee. So I made her some coffee.
They say hearing is the last ot go so I read to her. I am thankful the Lord has brought her home ot us and I know he will bring us through this. I just pray he takes her home so she wont have to go thru this much more. It is so hard to watch someone you Love die slowly.
My Prayers are with all of you.
God Bless!!!

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me! Phil. 4:13

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:27 am

Sounds like your Mom is resting before her long journey, she seems to be comfortable and that is wonderful. your doing everything you can for her, now is the time to just be with her and I am glad you have her home with you !
Thoughts and prayers for you all!

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:35 am
Profile WWW

Tammy, My heart goes out to you, I sat with my mom knowing she only had a few days left. (she had cancer) I started to pray that God would take her home because THIS life was not living, not what she would want. Your mom won't have to struggle with this horrible disease and will be free from all pain and sorrow. Take Care.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:08 am

Yes, its very hard watching someone die slowly...after all..we have watched them in the process for many years.
I also heard that the hearing is the last to go. During and after my LO took his last breath I continued to tell him how much I loved him, what a wonderful life we had together, what a great person he was and that it was okay for him to go if he needed to. At least I know he left this world knowing he was loved..a lot!
So glad your mother is peaceful and not in pain. As Irene said: she is resting up for her final journey "home." And ..she will know peace at last.
So happy for you and her that she is home with you...the ultimate love and caring. You are a wonderful daughter.
My thoughts and prayers are with you...with her. Take care of yourself.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Tammy - my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I hope your mom goes peacefully. Take care of yourself. Lynn

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3