View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 So glad to find this site! 
I too am glad to find this site. My mom, now a fairly spry 83 has been difficult most of her life. In the last few months she has become impossible. She was just diagnosed with LBD this week. Her physical health is good but mentally she is in decline. She has hallucinations, severe paranoia, and gets very agitated. She repeats herself over and over and over. Her memory is like a sieve. She sleeps all the time and complains that someone has drugged her. Since she has no one in her life except me she thinks I am drugging her. She gets very nasty with me. Screaming and yelling and accusing me of terrible things and then of course does not remember. She has always been anything but cooperative. Now she thinks the Dr. is full of it and thinks she should sue him. He has prescribed Aricept but I am not hopeful that she will take it. She thinks her problems are caused by everyone doing terrible things to her. I feel like my own well being is in decline. I am beginning to dread being around her. Any suggestions on how to deal with the completely irrational behavior? Has anyone seen improvement with Aricept?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It may be time to speak with Dr about getting her moods calmed down, Many have used small amounts of seroquel, I am sorry you are going threw all of this with your Mother ,I do hope you came soon get a solution to this part of the disease. Yes you are correct in your thinking about your own well being, Caregiver is a very hard job and thats why its so important to get a handle on it!I wish you well.
Irene
Irene

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2