View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fisted hands causing finger to dislocate from joint. 
In your last line you say you hope as the end comes that you can bring your Mother home and I hope you can too, I was able to bring Jim home from hospice house 4 days before he passed and Hospice made it all happen , they transported him home, they really took all the presssure off us the family, I am so glad I was able to bring him home I always promised that he could die at home and he died with all of his children and grandchildren with him, it was a house of love![/quote]

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:31 pm

if you don't mind me asking what stage is she in. I am not sure if there are stages of LBD. Jackie can't feed herself with out making a terrible mess, she can't clean herself at all after going to the bathroom, walking has gotten almost impossible, stopped talking, sleeps almost 15 hours out of the day.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Irene, I can't thank you enough for continuing to participate in this special forum. How very blessed we all are to have your guidance. Before meeting with Hospice we did not think it was possible to bring her back home again but the nurse said they will do everything they can to help us do just that.

Phyllis, from everything that I have read and what we have been told by doctors and Hospice, Mom is in the last stage; however, the final stage can last for months we are told. She is 100% dependent on us. She cannot walk, can barely talk, she does eat soft foods but it takes a lot of coaxing. She chokes a lot and sometimes leaves her food in her mouth without swallowing it. We think she's finished eating and then a good while later, it's just drooling from her mouth. She is pretty much always in bed except for when the sitter puts her sitting up in her rocking chair so that she won't stay in one position all day long. That position is so uncomfortable for her because she is unable to hold her head up.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2