View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Hospice is coming in today 

Post Hospice is coming in today
I spoke with a Hospice lady last night and they are coming in today. I have been praying and asking the Lord to show me when ? And I feel that he has made it plain that it is time. Larry's bedsores and pain are getting beyond family doctor treatments and Hospice can help him more and give him more comfort and care. He is totally bedfast now and can barely eat baby food. I pray for you all.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:58 am

Post Re: Hospice is coming in today
I sure hope hospice will be as helpful to you as they have been to many, many of our LOs. Good luck Leslie, and keep us informed about what's happening. Big hugs, I know this is a very difficult point in this journey, and I hope he gets more/better pain meds. Lynn

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:21 am

My heart goes out to you. Hang on.

Debbie

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:53 am

Leslie, I know this was not an easy decision for you and your family to make; it never is, until it becomes apparent that hospice services would be the most humane course of action. We're all praying for you and your family. Your husband knows and undoubtedly appreciates having such a devoted wife. You are a dedicated caregiver. Hugs for you! AnneAAA

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Thank you all. The nurse came in today and her name is Laura, she is a very sweet lady. She got Larry started on morphine today and it has made a big difference already in his pain level. Larry seems to be okay with the changes, I explained that hospice comes in when you have a progressive disease, I hoped that it wouldn't sound so scary or devastating worded that way and it did seem to help. Thank you all for your prayers, I pray for you all.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:16 am

That's good news, Leslie. I was hesitant to talk about hospice with my dad too, but he did surprisingly well when we talked about his receiving hospice services. Having our LOs not in pain at this stage is what's most important. Surround yourself with positive, helpful people at this point so you can keep your spirits up. Lynn

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:51 am

Leslie, I am glad you are happy with your decision. In my experience, hospice services were wonderful for my Mom. God Bless you and Larry.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:51 am

Just want you to know I too am praying.

Debbie

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:43 am

I am praying for you too, Leslie. You have approached this decision in such a caring, conscious, and spiritual way - I know your husband is aware how blessed he is to have you with him on this journey.

Molly - Forum moderator. My dad's career as a geologist was interrupted by PD and LBD in 2009. I was a respite caregiver for my dad (lived out of state, but visited many times a year). He passed away peacefully in April 2014.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Thinking of you Leslie. My Mom spent a week in hospice before she passed and everyone there was wonderful. It gave all of us time to say good-bye and not have to worry about the day to day challenges of caregiving - just time to focus on the happy times...

Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]