What is this study about?
The purpose of this study is to learn whether questions on a daily diary questionnaire are understandable and relevant to people with Lewy body dementia (LBD) and their caregivers/sleep-partners.
What is involved?
- Patients and their caregivers will take part in a single, face-to-face, 60-minute interview in Boston or Philadelphia.
- There is no medical treatment involved.
- Participants will each receive a $100 Visa gift card (for a total of $200 for patient and caregiver pairs) to compensate for their time and travel.
Who can participate?
- Are 50 years or older
- Are fluent English readers
- Have been clinically diagnosed with LBD (dementia with Lewy bodies or Parkinson’s disease dementia)
- Have mild to moderate cognitive impairment
- Have a caregiver and/or sleep-partner that is also willing to participate in the study.
- Regularly experience any of the following:
- Visual hallucinations
- Auditory hallucinations
- Disordered sleep behaviors (e.g., acting out dreams with movements or vocalization)
How can you participate?
If you and your caregiver are interested in participating in this study, please complete this short, online survey. These questions will help us determine your eligibility to participate in this study. Individuals will be notified of whether or not they are selected to participate.
Who can you contact if you have additional questions?
Contact the primary investigator, Kimberly Raymond, by phone at 401-642-9230 or by email at email@example.com.